[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.2 dropping support for Mac OS X 10.6

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Fri Jan 24 08:35:39 CET 2014

On Jan 23, 2014, at 7:16 PM, Adam Light <aclight at gmail.com> wrote:

> All but one developer at my (smallish) company is still using OSX 10.6.8 because we need 10.6 to be able to build the current shipping version of our main product. We all use Qt Creator, so a Creator 3.2 that would not work on 10.6 would be a problem for us.

Noted. Let’s see how many others shout.

Can you please explain to me though, why you develop on 10.6? You could still target 10.6 from newer OS versions, and have your nightly build / product build machine on 10.6 to be on the safe side for the actual builds, and have a testing machine on 10.6.

If you use 10.6 for development, you also use all the other old, no longer updated tools from Apple (gcc, gdb, instruments etc etc). (Can you even test retina/HiDPI on 10.6?)

Also note that Qt Creator 3.1 already will no longer support Apple’s gdb, and support for the very old lldb, that you can still somehow get from the paid developer program for 10.6, will be limited.

Br, Eike