[Qt-creator] Gerrit disapproval messages

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 18:31:18 CET 2014

On 26 January 2014 09:06, Orgad Shaneh <orgads at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following this discussion from about a year ago,
>
> gerrit has recently accepted a wording change for default -1 and -2
> Code-Review labels.
>
> The scores are now:
> -1 - I would prefer this is not merged as is
> -2 - This shall not be merged
>
> I suggest configuring qt-project gerrit to something similar.
>
> Opinions?

A big +1 from me. I know this might sound unimportant or even silly
for people with some Gerrit experience, but the current wording really
does put off newbies. I can definitely remember the rejection I felt
when I've first seen a -1 for my patch ;) The thing is that in gerrit
it's not so easy (especially when you see it for the first time) to
actually notice that the text is just a standard template. One assumes
it comes directly from the reviewer, and the lyrics used are not very
nice :)

sierdzio