[Qt-creator] Android jni - error, package R does not exist

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Mon Jan 27 23:08:44 CET 2014

Hi,

Looking at the NotificationClient.java in Qt examples, and trying to
copy it to my own test project,
the line:

m_builder.setSmallIcon(R.drawable.icon);

provokes the error "package R does not exist" at deploy time, even if
the unmodified "notification" sample builds and runs fine.

I'm guessing it is some Android specific resource, but looking through
the Qt-Creator I don't seem to find where it would be defined.

This is with master snapshot of QtCreator from today.

Any hints?

Harri