[Qt-creator] autocompletion and pre-compiled headers?

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at digia.com
Wed Jul 16 12:16:24 CEST 2014

Hiya!

On Wed, 16. Jul 10:39, Tyler Daniel wrote:
> clang code model: wavy red underlines indicating what would be errors if there were no PCH. no completion.
> builtin code model: no red underlines (error indications), but also no completion.
>
> In my adventures I have gotten the following message frequently:
> “updatePchInfo: switching to none”

This comes from the clang code model and indicates that pre-compiled
headers are not incorporated. In the projects mode, you will find a
settings page/tab called "Clang Settings" - try to play around with
the options there. "Build system (exact)" and "Build system (fuzzy)"
seems to work here.

Regarding the built-in code model: Looks like this wasn't working for
several minor versions, if it all. Fix:

    https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/89914/

Note that you need to uncheck "Ignore pre-compiled headers" in Options
> C++ > Code Model.

If you still experience problems please report those at

    https://bugreports.qt-project.org/

Nikolai