[Qt-creator] bare metal: target extended-remote?

Liam Staskawicz liam at stask.net
Sun Jul 20 00:17:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm currently using Qt Creator for editing my embedded project,
but thought it might be convenient to try to debug with it as
well.

My debug hardware is a Black Magic Probe
([1]http://www.blacksphere.co.nz/main/index.php/blackmagic)
which presents itself as a virtual serial device (CDC ACM) and,
unlike openocd, speaks to GDB directly without requiring any
other software running on the host. GDB provides the `target
extended-remote` option to "Use a remote computer via a serial
line".

In this case, I don't have a GDB host and port to enter into
the Bare Metal UI - just the path to the device in /dev. Is it
still possible to use the Bare Metal plugin in this case?

If it's helpful, my .gdbinit looks like the following:

  target extended-remote /dev/tty.usbmodemDDD3DFD1

  monitor jtag_scan

  att 1

Thanks for any tips.

Liam