[Qt-creator] UI blocked

EXTERNAL Konold Martin (erfrakon, RtP2/TEF72) external.Martin.Konold at de.bosch.com
Thu Jul 24 12:52:58 CEST 2014

Hi Mohamed,

> do you have the qbs module active?
> There is an issue when the kit change that triggers a full update of the qbs profiles in the ui thread...
> If qbs is active, try disabling (from the menu About Plugins..), and see if after a restart the problem is still there...

The problem is 100% reproducible without QbsProjectManager enabled.

It is really an issue with a plain QMake setup.

Reading on this list that fixing it is a major architectural issue make me feel worrying.

In this case a group of about 10 developers with commercial licenses is severely affected since months. This is a regression from previous versions which did not have this problem.

I just verified that with Qt Creator 3.1.2 based on Qt 5.3.1 (GCC 4.8.1 20130909 [gcc-4_8-branch revision 202388], 32 bit) built on Jun 25 2014 at 20:28:37 the issue is easily reproducible using a project with 430 subprojects.

In order to not spoil the results with a slow NFS home I just verified the issue using tmpfs.

Yours,
--martin