[Qt-creator] Drag&Drop in Qt Creator

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Mon Mar 3 18:37:08 CET 2014

Am Montag, den 03.03.2014, 18:20 +0100 schrieb Tobias Hunger:

> Why did you start with the project explorer and not the class viewer?
> The project explorer is about build system structure, how does that
> fit into UML or a subset thereof?

Several reasons:

1. I already know the ProjectExplorer plug-in a bit and it was very easy
to implement it. Never looked into any of the other side bar elements
before.

2. The project explorer is well structured showing Projects, Folders and
Files which can be easily converted into UML packages and components.
The class viewer is "flat" which makes it nearly unusable in large
projects. And believe me our projects are large! :) Before we can use
the class view with hundreds and thousands of classes I must enhance it
with the possibility to arrange the classes in a folder hierarchy - sub
projects are not enough. I will also add an option to hide all the other
global declarations.

3. I plan to implement a menu that opens if the user drops an element
from the project explorer over a diagram or the model. The user may
select between different options: create a package or component or any
of the classes defined in the .cpp/.h files. This will give us a very
powerful tool creating models quick without implementing a full reverse
engineering algorithm.

> Best regards,
> Tobias

Regards, Jochen