[Qt-creator] How to Create End user app?

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Tue Mar 11 17:08:31 CET 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, at 3:46 AM, Hiliwi Leake <hiliwi.leake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> I developed MRI-PET registration using ITK and then integrate it with VTK and Qt for visualization and GUI.
>
> Now I want to create a end-user registration tool so that the user can use it with out installing VS2008, ITK, VTK and QT.

You need to include all the shared libraries with your app. The Qt and VS dependencies are documented at https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/windows-deployment.html

You’ll *probably* want to build an installer, rather than just zipping the files up.

I mostly used http://wixtoolset.org to create msi installers, but Inno Setup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) is a friendy approach to making standalone installers. There are at least half a dozen other tools that’ll do much the same thing.

Cheers,
  Steve