[Qt-creator] CMake for Android with Qt Creator - Bug

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 08:41:44 CET 2014

Hi Adrian,

Am 12.03.2014 04:25 schrieb "Adrian Silva" <silva at keldesan.com.au>:
> Apparently CMake for Android is not properly working with Qt Creator.

I'd put it more like this: CMake is only supported on the desktop. It is
not only not working "properly", Creator does not even offer anything but
desktop kits for cmake projects!

<snip>

> Any comments or suggestions are highly welcome!

Currently qmake is the only build system that is supported to build for
android. So this is not limited to CMake.

The problem is that the code in QtC that handles the deployment and
execution of the generated binaries is currently bound to one specific
build system. That build system is usually qmake, but could in theory be
any of the supported ones.

There are plans to generalize that, but I think it will take a couple more
releases to introduce the necessary abstractions. Help is greatly welcome!

You should be able to build android apps using cmake already by switching
your android kit over to use the desktop device/device type: The current
cmake support does ignore the settings in the kit anyway. You will then
have to script the deployment yourself though and running and debugging
will not work out of the box either.

Basically building is not the problem, the rest is☺

I hope this sheds some light on the issue.

Best regards,
Tobias