[Qt-creator] Creator Can not locate Qt Headers

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:36:32 CET 2014

Setup: OS X 10.8.5, Xcode 5.1.x, QtCreator 3.2.1.

I have a pair of Kits setup: Qt 4.8.6 and Qt 5.3.1. Both are self built. My project is CMake based. I have no problems "Opening" my project and all that. I change the kit to my "Qt 5.3.1" installation. Everything compiles fine. The issue is that QtCreator can not seem to locate any Qt Header. There is a red squiggly line under #include <QtCore/QObject> and then none of the syntax highlighting works after that. I was hoping to move to Qt 5.x for our project in order to see if the debugging experience is any better using Qt 5 versus Qt 4 with Xcode 5.x. LLDB and QtCreator just seem to not really like each other at this point.

Any helpful advice would be extremely appreciated at this point. We about ready to throw up our hands in desperation and switch to something else as our IDE. I think we are just missing something simple on our OS X machines in order to set them up properly for a great debugging experience*

Thanks
Mike Jackson
BlueQuartz Sofware

*Python usually locks up, Simple Variables like QString do not show there values, let along a QMap, QSet or QVector.