[Qt-creator] Problems debugging on Android

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Thu Nov 27 12:23:28 CET 2014

Sorry for cross posting, I'm not sure if my issues are Qt Creator or
Android kit related.

I've been testing various snapshots of Qt Creator and Qt 5.4.0 hoping to
contribute in a small way to release quality.

Developing on Kubuntu 14.04 amd64.
Current Qt Creator is

Qt Creator 3.2.82 (3.3.0-rc1-opensource)

Based on Qt 5.4.0 (GCC 4.6.1, 64 bit)

Built on Nov 24 2014 at 04:12:12

 From revision cb30a1ae10

Now, when testing debugging on an Android device I'm getting at app
starting time 3 overlapping dialogs, all stating the same things:

This does not seem to be a "Debug" build.

Setting breakpoints by file name and line number may fail.

Section .debug_info: Not found.

Section .debug_abbrev: Not found.

Section .debug_line: Not found.

Section .debug_str: Not found.

Section .debug_loc: Not found.

Section .debug_range: Not found.

Section .gdb_index: Not found.

Section .note.gnu.build-id: Not found.

Section .gnu.hash: Not found.

Section .gnu_debuglink: Not found.

Looking at compile log, I see -g being passed to g++ during compiling,
but not during linking, not sure if shared library link would require it.

I'm downloading the latest qt-opensource-linux-x64-android-5.4.0-rc.run
<http://download.qt-project.org/development_releases/qt/5.4/5.4.0-rc/qt-opensource-linux-x64-android-5.4.0-rc.run>
right now, hoping it would fix this issue.   Still, wondering where the
issue comes from in the first place.

Harri