[Qt-creator] Python drops into Infinite Loop when debugging

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Oct 8 17:35:08 CEST 2014

I am using QtCreator 3.2.1 on OS X 10.8.5 with XCode 5.1.x and most of the time when I debug python ends up going into an infinite loop burning 100% of a CPU. I usually have to kill the python process which kills the debugging session. I would like to help figure out the issues so my question is simple. What do I need to post or submit to be able to help someone figure out what is going wrong.

This is for something as simple as a QMap<QString, QString> when I try to drill down into the Actual map variable and look at values, python just goes off the deep end.

Thanks for any help
Mike Jackson
BlueQuartz Software.