[Qt-creator] Fwd: Re: symbol renaming in the latest master

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 19:26:46 CEST 2014

Replied it privately by mistake. Sorry, Orgad, for the double...

Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] symbol renaming in the latest master
Date: Wednesday 03 September 2014, 13:21:37
From: Cristian Tibirna <tibirna at kde.org>
To: Orgad Shaneh <orgads at gmail.com>

On Wednesday 03 September 2014 20:06:53 you wrote:
> I've also noticed that. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Well, for me it never does (or maybe I didn't find some possibly working
situation). It's a bit disheartening, because, one coming to depend on it,
it's a disrupting surprise to discover that only the current item is modified.
Only visual inspection of the result allows to discover the failure.

It would perhaps help to mention that, even before the latest total breaking,
there was something fishy happening: for two *local* symbols renamed
consecutively, the first would be modified with the (normal) red highlighting
and the in-place editing of all occurrences. The second rename would trigger
the find/replace dialog pop-up (that one expects for variables appearing in
more than file, e.g. class members), though the symbol is clearly local.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org