[Qt-creator] Crash while Bare-Metal Debugging on Windows

Pilhofer, Frank Frank.Pilhofer at zuehlke.com
Fri Sep 12 13:10:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to debug applications running on a TI CC3200 (Cortex-M4)
device using QT Creator's Bare Metal plugin. I got to the point where
I can load and debug, however, QT Creator crashes when I attempt to
interrupt the program or set a breakpoint while the program is running.

I found the earlier discussion on this list and have checked the "use
asynchronous mode to control the inferior" option, however this makes
no difference.

In case this is relevant, I see the note "INFERIOR STILL RUNNING IN
STATE InferiorRunOk" in the debugger log.

This is on Windows 7. The connection to the target is done using a
Cygwin-built OpenOCD 0.8.0 started separately on the console and
using a TCP/IP connection to gdb.

Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Frank