[Qt-creator] CMake icon in Qt Creator's Project Explorer

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 10:10:16 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Windows 7 Qt Creator displays a generic file text icon for
CMakeLists.txt and *.cmake files.

While reading CLion's FAQ
<http://blog.jetbrains.com/clion/2014/09/clion-answers-frequently-asked-questions/>
I've noticed that they've used the
well known CMake icon
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMake#mediaviewer/File:Cmake.svg> for the
CMakeLists.txt!

Question is how do I configure my system / trick Qt Creator
to display that icon?

First I've configured the *.cmake files to open with cmake-gui.exe.
This worked for Windows Explorer, but not for Qt Creator.

This would have not fixed the CMakeLists.txt case, since it doesn't
make sense to open all *.txt files with cmake-gui.exe.

In Qt Creator's Tools -> Options -> MIME Types I could find
text/x-cmake and text/x-cmake-project, but no way to set
an icon there.

I've attached an image to illustrate my "problem". In the left side
we have CLion and in the right side Qt Creator.

How do I fix this "problem"?

Cheers,
Cristian.