[Qt-creator] can qt-creator properly parse C only code?

Hugo Parente Lima hugo.pl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 16:31:01 CEST 2014

Are you using the generic project?
If so maybe adding a preprocessor directive on <projectfile>.config (IIRC)
like

#define class klass

would work as workaround... at least to prevent syntax errors report.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Petar Perisin <petar.perisin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I kinda did this for SIGNAL keyword which I needed.
>
> You can comment out stuff in
>
> Keywords.cpp
>
> file, I think.
>
> And recompile QtCrweator after that.
>
> I do not know if it will work for class, but it worked for SIGNAL
>
> Regards,
> Petar
>

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Jean-Francois Dagenais <
> jeff.dagenais at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I use QtCreator for my many development projects. Amongst them is the
>> linux kernel codebase. I enjoy qt-creator enough to get the kernel code
>> indexed and I overwrite the build and deploy to suite the kernel build
>> needs.
>>
>> Works pretty well, except the kernel source is all pure C and uses some
>> of the C++ keywords (such as ‘class’) as normal symbols. This throws off
>> the parser and some definitions become missing.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to specify “strictly C” to the parser, or hack the
>> list of keywords to achieve proper parsing? All kernel C files are suffixed
>> with .c and all headers are suffixed with .h
>>
>> I am running qt-creator branch 3.2 (HEAD) compiled against Qt 4.8.6
>>
>> Thanks for any pointers!
>> /jfd

Hugo Parente Lima
"Precisamos de mais gênios modestos no mundo, hoje somos poucos!"