[Qt-creator] class qbs::Project’ has no member named ‘addFiles

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Fri Sep 19 18:33:12 CEST 2014

Hiya, this problem moved due to my sloppyness from list to private space.
So a very short summary here. With Eike Ziller's help the problem was solved

I reused an old build folder. I thought I delete all files, but I simply forgot the invisible ones.
And old .qmake.cache remained and qmake -r did not properly update this file.

Quote Eike Ziller:

> the .qmake.cache in your Qt Creator build directory must contain
>
> CONFIG += \
>     qbs_no_dev_install \
>     qbs_enable_project_file_updates

It did not. But it contained:

> CONFIG += qbs_no_dev_install
> CONFIG += qbs_no_dev_install

Two times qbs_no_dev_install, but no qbs_enable_project_file_updates.
The missing functions about which the compiler complained are located
between a #ifdef QBS_ENABLE_PROJECT_FILE_UPDATES/#endif statement.

Old .qmake.cache really deleted. Qmake again... compiled.

Thanks for your help, Eike.

Guido