[Qt-creator] Changing the Kit for Android

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Sep 23 17:07:13 CEST 2014

I had some debugging issues with Qt Creator on Android, Kubuntu 14.04
amd64 host.
Basically the debugger and process would crash when hitting a
breakpoint, running on Nexus 7.

So I figured I'll update the Android NDK to see if android-ndk-r9c was
the culprit.

I downloaded android-ndk32-r10b-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 and unpacked an
installed that.
Cloned the autodetected Android for armeabi-v7a (GCC 4.8, Qt 5.3.2) Kit.
Added debugger and compiler by cloning the old ones, made them point to
r10b.
Modified the cloned Kit to use the r10b debugger and compiler.

I thought that I was all set, but when I compile I see that the compiler
used comes from r9c path.

What gives?

Harri