[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.4 binaries will be compiled with MSVC 2013 (dynamic opengl)

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Wed Apr 1 03:07:48 CEST 2015

Hi,

about my gripe that Qt 5.4.1 didn't install the MSVC dlls into Windows,
you are right, it sure did, my bad! (The culprit was me copying the
MSVC2013 dlls manually earlier on to make my Creator plugin work, which
I of course forgot :-) And 5.4.1 anyway, as you wrote, uses MSVC2010.

And about that opengl32sw.dll crash: since you can delete the file as a
workaround I think it's no big deal, I mentioned XP in VirtualBox and
VMWare Fusion work fine which I think is the vast majority of the XP
users remaining, it's just Workstation and Player that bombs, and that
on a Ubuntu PC that has no graphics card, just the Haswell integrated
graphics).
(BTW I tested with SET QT_OPENGL=software but no change).

Happy Easter! Rgrds Henry