[Qt-creator] QtCreator plugin contribution
mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Apr 13 10:04:05 CEST 2015
On 13 April 2015 at 09:36, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 13 April 2015 at 08:18, André Hartmann <andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de> wrote:
>>> The latter explains recommendations and caveats of possible
>>> development workflows.
>> But that's only true for Qt itself.
> The /Branches article says
> "Qt Creator uses the same branching policy as Qt itself"
>> So just push your new plugins to master.
> I've been looking for answer on which branch to branch off, thanks.
I should have clarified, I'm going to work prepare for contribution this way:
- fork Qt Creator on GitHub
- create branch boostbuild-plugin branched off of the master
- import source of my plugin
- work on the plugin integration, apply necessary changes, etc.
- once the integration is completed, submit the plugin through Gerrit
I hope it's acceptable workflow, as two other developers that joined
my efforts are based on GitHub, and GitHub simlifies our collaboration a lot.
That is base on "Feature development outside of Gerrit"
Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
More information about the Qt-creator