[Qt-creator] QtCreator plugin contribution

André Hartmann andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de
Mon Apr 13 13:55:26 CEST 2015

Just two more cents from my side,

 >> I hope it's acceptable workflow, as two other developers that joined
>> my efforts are based on GitHub, and GitHub simlifies our collaboration a
>> lot.
>
> Every author needs to agree to the Contribution Licensee Agreement, so make
> sure that everyone that joins you understands and signs that CLA.

Maybe a wip (work in progress) branch on Qt Gerrit is the better choise?

Pros:
- All contributors sign the CLA, so there's no licence problems later
- You get the Qt Sanity Bot (and human reviewers) checking the coding
   style
- The code is under broader review, maybe more contributions come in
- You make it easy for others to check out that branch and test it
- When the work is finished, the branch could easily be merged
- Further work after the initial release has to be done on Gerrit anyway

Cons:
- You and your contributors need to setup and learn Gerrit,
   but you will need to anyway, and I think the other two already did :)

Personally I don't see much advantage for external developing on GitHub.

But that's just my personal opinion.

Best regards,
André