[Qt-creator] Tab UI in Projects mode to TreeView

Ariel Molina ariel at edis.mx
Wed Aug 5 18:43:09 CEST 2015

Wow, that's a really non intuitive option!  That helps on selecting Desktop
and Remote, but it was not really a problem as I can easily switch that. It
does not solve the problem of which host to target.

When choosing the target remote host, I have many identical devices, and
very often a single unique device gets a different IP because they use
DHCP, so im forced to create dozens of identical kits only changing the IP
address, there's a lot of time wasted. Time is wasted, because the only
options are: 1) create a new kit, 2) switch the device in the kit, or 3)
rebuilding. Me, being an obsessive, measured time in clicking all the
options and just rebuilding, for me is about the same time (and it's also
annoying).

This would help a lot, at the end just select the remote device:
http://imgur.com/kMtEzJD

It is similar to the Android-style which is already in place, and it might
be a generalization to apply for iOS too.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Robert Löhning <
robert.loehning at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

> Am 04.08.2015 um 17:42 schrieb Ariel Molina:
> >> Why don't you use a single build directory for all the kits?
> > 1. Because I the workflow almost never uses parallel deployment, it's
> > single device, but all along the day i need to re-deploy to some random
> > devices.
> > 2. It has to run on local Linux without any modifications.
> >
> > I also do this for Android from time to time. What i've found is the
> > Android-style deployment is very powerful, I can build and the Android
> > device is selected on launch. If there would be a possibility to have a
> Kit
> > with "Ask for Remote device" it will work very easily.
> >
> > I was thinking about this, and, maybe Im getting off-topic, but this will
> > help a lot. It will appear only when not using local machines.
> > http://imgur.com/kMtEzJD
> >
> > It will also help iOS deployments as they have the very same problem.
> >
> > Ariel
>
> Hi Ariel,
>
> does marking the device as mutable help you?
>
> 1. Go to "Tools" -> "Options..." -> "Build & Run" -> "Kits".
> 2. Select one of your on-device kits.
> 3. Right click on the "Device" combo box and check "Mark as Mutable" in
> the context menu.
> 4. Click "OK".
>
> You'll now be able to switch devices close to where you wished it.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robert
>

> --
>    Robert Löhning, Software Engineer - The Qt Company
>    The Qt Company GmbH, Rudower Chaussee 13, D-12489 Berlin
>    Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja
>    Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
>    Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B

Ariel Molina R.

Oficina: +52 (222) 3723196
Movil: +521 2226 758874
http://edis.mx