[Qt-creator] 'Open Terminal Here' and login shell on Linux

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Thu Dec 10 08:47:49 CET 2015

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 19:13:52 +0100, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:

> What I tested and does not work for me:
> /etc/bashrc /etc/bash_profile "

man bash:

"When an interactive shell that is not a login shell is started, bash
reads and executes commands from /etc/bash.bashrc then ~/.bashrc when
those files exist and are readable."

If "/etc/bash.bashrc" didn't "work" it is not due to the fact, that it
was not processed and trying to move the same statements to a different
file will probably not change much.

By the way: on my OpenSuse box the standard /etc/bash.bashrc has the
following line: test -s /etc/bash.bashrc.local && . /etc/bash.bashrc.local

What means: create a file /etc/bash.bashrc.local and put your individual
settings there - if you want to avoid, that they get lost with your next
package update.

ciao,
Uwe

PS: but this becomes a bit offtopic on this mailing list