[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.6.0. Unable to compile bare metal QBS

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at theqtcompany.com
Thu Dec 17 02:04:55 CET 2015

On 12/16/2015 11:23 PM, Raivis wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I just updated to the new Qt Creator 3.6.0 to test out the new features.
>
> I've been happily using the old Qt Creator with QBS to develop for ARM
> microcontrollers mixing C++ and C together.
> Unfortunately, my bare metal project stopped working and I can't seem to
> figure out why is that? It looks like it compiles some files and then
> gives a strange error about "arm-none-eabi-gcc.out" not being found or
> something along those lines. Also I'm using windows.

The error message looks rather straightforward: qbs tried to run a
compiler binary which does not exist. If you think that your Kit has
valid compiler settings, you should file a bug report including more
information, most importantly the exact settings of your toolchain as
displayed in Tools->Options->Build&Run->Compilers.
[Wild guess: The problem could be that you are compiling C files and the
toolchain points to a C++ compiler with an "unusual" name.]

Christian