[Qt-creator] Qt Creator flat style UI design + new Light theme

Rafael Roquetto rafael.roquetto at kdab.com
Mon Feb 9 17:35:35 CET 2015

Hi Diana,

You're asking a tough question, because people have different tastes and that
doesn't mean that X is better or worse than Y.

I *personally* dislike flat-themes and would rather stick to the current
theme. However, after seeing the screen-shots you've published, I do believe
you've done an excellent job, specially when it comes to unifying the UI
icons.

Afaik QtCreator "Manhattan" style is just a QStyle, so IMHO the ideal solution
would be providing the new Flat styles together with the current one (and
perhaps even make them the default style, to give QtCreator a fresher look),
yet keeping the "old" Manhattan style for those who prefer it.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Rafael