[Qt-creator] Qt Creator flat style UI design + new Light theme

de Sousa Diana diana.desousa at theqtcompany.com
Thu Feb 12 09:56:45 CET 2015

Hi Alessandro,

I also suggest not just calling the new themes “default” and “light” because the current theme is already called “default”. Maybe we should even give all of the themes proper names like “Flat dark”, “Flat light”, “Very dark” and “Classic” (or “Manhattan” or whatever).

Great idea, referring to them with proper names makes it clear that the themes are not being replaced, rather new themes have been added.

Which theme should be the default when a user launches Qt Creator for the first time? Time will tell, I would say. My suggestion is to keep the current one with gradients (aka “Manhattan”, “default”) the default for at least one Qt Creator version after the new themes are included and until issues are ironed out. Then we should be able to find a consensus.
Is that a plan?

Sounds good!

Br,
Diana