[Qt-creator] projectexplorer foldernavigationwidget extraction (Petr Vanek)

Hermann Fieger hermann.fieger at t-online.de
Fri Jan 2 11:55:05 CET 2015

I appreciate this proposal as a very good idea.  I have the same
problem. As a software developer you always have to do a lot
of same things in every new project. Building a base application,
print documents, support full screen mode, build in debug traces,
include help functionality, add a highlighting editor  ...

I'm used to program scientific applications with included editors,
viewers for various diagrams (Smith for example), read and write
to measurement devices and so on.

After a very long search for a nonGPLed editor (under Linux) and
already using QtCreator, i decided to use QtCreator itself under a
different  name. As a professional user of QtCreator the included
license allows me to use the source code for commercial purposes.

I use it as a very very good base frame for my own applications,
which are implemented at the moment as plugins. My problem is
the same as Petr has.
There are many dependencies to the Projectexplorer or C++ in the
core plugin itself. At the moment i use QtCreator3.0 as a base in
conjunction with the Qt5.3 library.

I've implemented Python functionality, which is able, to use all the
fine Qt stuff ( Forms, Buttons, Canvases, signals, slots ... ). So users
of my software are able to write their own scripts within my application,
use the functionality of my included objects for various purposes
and produce their self designed forms for output.

I also want to go on with future QtCreator versions. But then i always
have to patch/change very much things by hand with every new version,
to throw out things, i don't use ( Debugger ... ).

At this point, i want to use the opportunity to say a big "THANK-YOU"
to all the people ("Troll's") of DIGIA, who have designed this great
product
and work on it each day to make it better as it already is.

regards and a happy 2015,

Hermann Fieger