[Qt-creator] multiple editing windows and ctrl-k

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Mon Jan 5 13:00:14 CET 2015

> On Dec 30, 2014, at 9:14 AM, Luc Vlaming <mail at lucvlaming.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me: when using qtcreator 3.3 as well as a git build (from today) if i have two editor windows ctrl-k doesn't work in the second window. When I do ctrl-k in the second window and start to type to filter, for example, for a file instead the text just appears in the editor.
>
> Could anyone give me a pointer where I can quickly (and maybe dirty) fix this cause this is causing me quite some frustration ;)

Currently the Qt Creator main window should activate, focus the locator input and popup the list, when pressing ctrl+k while being in a second editor window. That also works here (OS X). It needed some hacks on e.g. Ubuntu, where the window manager tended to just flash the main window’s entry in the window list when trying to activate the window.
So, a proper bug report including details on your system’s configuration would be appreciated.

Br, Eike