[Qt-creator] Code Completion with lots of Typedefs

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:20:40 CET 2015

Are there any known issues with heavy use of typedefs, templates and code completion? I ask because we are trying to use ITK (www.itk.org) in our project and we don't get any completion for any of the C++ ITK classes. In fact, Creator will not even complete a local variable that was instantiated via a typedef.

ImageProcessing::DefaultSliceType::IndexType localIndex;
typedef itk::HoughTransform2DCirclesImageFilter<ImageProcessing::DefaultPixelType,
		     ImageProcessing::FloatPixelType> HoughTransformFilterType;
HoughTransformFilterType::Pointer houghFilter = HoughTransformFilterType::New();
houghFilter->SetNumberOfCircles( m_NumberCircles );
^

does not even recognize this variable and certainly will not code complete after the "->"

Thanks
Mike Jackson