[Qt-creator] Have Locate... provide all files in a CMake project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 12:57:58 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm working with qtcreator on a cmake-based project that has plenty of
conditionally-included source files in the CMakeLists.txt. That is various
files are only included when building on mac or win32. Hence these files do
not end up in the generated codeblocks project file.

It seems QtCreator bases its 'files in project' locator solely on this list
of files from the codeblocks file and I'm wondering wether there's an easy
way to make it consider all files that are part of the git repository or at
least all files in directories it has in the projects tree.

Even though I don't want to and cannot edit these files since I cannot
compile them I regularly read them to check certain things and having to
switch to another machine just for that would be quite annoying. Similarly
annoying is to have to use the normal file-open dialog to open these after
having opened another file in that directory and that does not work at all
if a whole subdir is disabled on my platform in cmake.

Andreas