[Qt-creator] QtCreator Plugins that depends on external libraries

Carel Combrink carel.combrink at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 22:07:58 CET 2015

Hi,

With my SpellChecker Plugin
<https://github.com/CJCombrink/SpellChecker-Plugin> a few comments were
received about trying to integrate the plugin into the main QtCreator code
(upstreaming it).

Regarding this I would like to know: Say I get the code to conform to the
QtCreator coding standard, how would I handle the external dependencies of
the plugin? At the moment the plugin depends on the Hunspell spellchecker
library to do the actual spell checking. For this it needs the headers as
well as the library to build and link the plugin.

On Linux this is not such a big issue, but on Windows it can be a bit more
problematic.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

PS: I have just created a new release that now also checks String Literals.

Regards,