[Qt-creator] Plugins implementation issue for QtCreator 3.3.0 under Mac OS X

Maskim Klimov cleemmi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:10:49 CET 2015

It looks like there are some problems with running QtCreator external plugins under Mac OS X.
1. The function "bool MimeDatabase::addMimeTypes(const QString &fileName, QString *errorMessage)".
  It simply opens the file and passes it to "bool MimeDatabasePrivate::addMimeTypes(QIODevice *device, const QString &fileName, QString *errorMessage)». But It fails to open the file from plugin project resources under Mac OS X. On the contrary, manual file opening and invoking "bool MimeDatabase::addMimeTypes(QIODevice *device, QString *errorMessage)» works good.
It seems like resource files are not shared between the plugin and QtCreator instance (may be it is global problem with Qt resources under Mac OS X).

2. Pure virtual method QWidget* Core::IOptionsPage::widget().
  I implemented derived class with constructor that set desired options category, icon, etc. I overrode this function with simple creation of QWidget (or derived class) instance. On the QtCreator’ option page I can see my option category but a click on it leads to QtCreator’ crash with message "QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QWidget».

By the way, I have no such problems under Linux.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.