[Qt-creator] Problem with file including

Pawel pawelfaron87 at wp.pl
Mon Jul 13 21:09:56 CEST 2015

Hello,

I want to reheat a problem which was issued some time ago but still isn't
fully solved. Maybe this is because on Linux this works correctly and
problem is on Windows.

The problem is that QtCreator is not able to file included files when it
should. Below is simplest case which illustrates this.

We have two source files:

main.cpp:
#include <common/header.h>

int main()
{
      A a;
      a.fun();
}

header.h:
#ifndef HEADER_A_H
#define HEADER_A_H

class A
{
public:
      void fun()
      {
      }
};

#endif

The directory structure looks like this:
D:
├─── project
├────── common
│                        header.h
├────── src
                           main.cpp

 From this I create the project using "Import Existing Project" and the
content of project files is as following:

project.config
// Add predefined macros for your project here. For example:
// #define THE_ANSWER 42

project.creator:
[General]

project.files:
common/header.h
src/main.cpp

project.includes:
common

So from this I would expect that QtCreator will searching the common
directory for include files (and this happens on Linux) but it doesn't.
Instead it just says: "'common/header.h' file not found".

I will be very thankful for any advise for to fix this.

best regards
Pawel

---