[Qt-creator] Fwd: [Development] QtModeling - the last mile

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Tue Jun 9 20:36:44 CEST 2015

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> I enjoyed speaking to you at QtCS. Thanks for pointing this code out to me.
>
> You showed screenshots of KDevelop with your plugin. Is that available
> somewhere so that I can play with it a bit?

Hi Tobias,

I'm not sure which KDevelop plugin are you referring to :) In case of
being that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_VuWnNQagI

that's actually a different project, devoted to software
visualization, not related to QtModeling.

QtModeling may provide the foundations, though, for the use of models
in QtCreator and KDevelop,
similar to what Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) does in Eclipse Platform.
Those plugins weren't developed yet, since I'd like to do an initial
release of QtModeling first.

What I'm looking for, at this moment, is someone at Qt community for
doing some architectural
and code review, as well as, defining the quality criteria required
for the release of QtModeling as
a Qt5 add-on module.

I think Tomaz will attend QtWS this year and I'll be presenting a talk
about QtModeling in Akademy, in A Coruña.
We can schedule a chat about it if any of you are also heading up to
such meetings.

Regards,
Sandro