[Qt-creator] How can I make a global cpp code style config

Miller Henry MillerHenry at JohnDeere.com
Wed Jun 17 15:12:09 CEST 2015

I'm packaging qt creator for my company, and I want to make our coding style rules the default.  Creating the .xml style is easy enough, but I can't seem to find a way to get this as the default style.

We are installing qt creator into /opt/QtCreator, and we have working template wizards installed into /opt/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/templates/wizards .  I expect that I just need to install QtCreator.ini into /opt/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/QtProject/ and our code style .xml into /opt/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/QtProject/codestyles/Cpp/. This doesn't seem to work though - qt creator doesn't seem to pick up the style.  Is there something more that I'm missing?