[Qt-creator] Crash QtCreator using a simple json-based wizard

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:20:35 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 12:48 AM, Axel Jäger <axeljaeger at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Tobias,
>
> so in the end, I found another bug and I am no closer fighting my bug that
> QtCreator crashes using my simple wizard. My goal is still compiling a
> QtCreator from source to hopefully reproduce the crash and be able to debug
> the crash then. Unfortunately, I had no longer success in compiling QtC
> from git. Here is what I tried:
>

> My setup:
>
> -          Windows 8.1
>
> -          Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate
>
> -          MinGW 4.9.1-2
>

> Did fresh clone of the QtC-Repository and noticed that QBS was missing so
> I did a clone of the QBS repo in qt-creator/src/shared/qbs.
>
> In both repositories, MASTER was checked out.

You should checkout 3.4 in qtcreator.

Also, instead of manually cloning qbs, delete all its content (leave an
empty directory), then execute git submodule update --init in qt-creator
root.

> Approach 1: Build qtcreator.pro using Visual Studio Compiler in stable
> QtCreator:
>
> Build fails: QtSupport.mimetypes.xml is missing
>

> Approach 2: Build qtcreator.pro using Visual Studio Command Line:
>
> Build fails:
>

> link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /INCREMENTAL:NO /DLL
> /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS
> /DEF:C:\Users\axeljaeger\qt-creator\src\libs\qtcreatorcdbext\qtcreatorcdbext.def
> /MANIFEST:embed /OUT:..\..\..\lib\qtcreatorcdbext32\qtcreatorcdbext.dll
> @C:\Users\AXELJA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nmC60E.tmp
>
> Bibliothek "..\..\..\lib\qtcreatorcdbext32\qtcreatorcdbext.lib" und Objekt
> "..\..\..\lib\qtcreatorcdbext32\qtcreatorcdbext.exp" werden erstellt.
>
> extensioncontext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes
> externes Symbol "DebugCreate" in Funktion ""public: bool __cdecl
> IInterfacePointer<struct IDebugClient5>::create(void)" (?create@
> ?$IInterfacePointer at UIDebugClient5@@@@QEAA_NXZ)".
>
> gdbmihelpers.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol
> "DebugCreate".
>
> ..\..\..\lib\qtcreatorcdbext32\qtcreatorcdbext.dll : fatal error LNK1120:
> 1 nicht aufgelöste Externe
>

> (Which means more or less: Undefined reference to „DebugCreate“

Looks like incompatibility of the cdb lib. Do you have Debugging Tools
installed?

To workaround this, you can comment out the following line in libs.pro
    exists($$CDB_PATH):SUBDIRS += qtcreatorcdbext

Approach 3: Build qtcreator.qbs using stable QtCreator:

> Build fails: You need qbs 1.4, only 1.3 is installed.

Approach 4: Build qtcreator.pro using MinGW compiler in QtCreator

> C:\Users\axeljaeger\qt-creator\src\plugins\qbsprojectmanager\qbsbuildstep.cpp:189:
> Fehler: 'const class qbs::BuildOptions' has no member named
> 'showCommandLines'
>
>      return m_qbsBuildOptions.showCommandLines();
>
>                               ^

Using  git submodule update should solve this.