[Qt-creator] SUBDIRS template with common libraries used in multiple projects

Markus Franke Markus.Franke at linguwerk.de
Wed Mar 4 13:11:09 CET 2015

Dear Diego,

thanks for your reply. However, this does not solve my problem.

The problem is that my library project is actually not a SUBDIR of one
project. It's rather being used by several projects. That's why it is
one folder up in the hierarchy of the SUBDIRS project file. However,
this layout does not seem to be supported by Qt Creator.

Right now I don't use the SUBDIRS template at all and added all
dependencies with QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS and PRE_TARGETDEPS to the main
project file. However, this doesn't give me the nice view in the project
pane like with the SUBDIRS template where I can immediately see what
kind of dependencies belong to the project.

Any other ideas how to integrate a common library project into several
application projects using the SUBDIRS template?

Thanks and with best regards,
Markus

Am 04.03.2015 um 12:46 schrieb Diego Iastrubni:
> Maybe you need a specific build order? See this:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11079398/how-to-set-build-order-in-qt-subdir-project
>
> And add this to your pro file
>
> |CONFIG += ordered|
>

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Markus Franke
> <Markus.Franke at linguwerk.de <mailto:Markus.Franke at linguwerk.de>> wrote:
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     I am struggeling with using the SUBDIRS template within my project. I
>     already opened up a thread on the Qt Project Forum
>
>     https://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/53340/
>
>     My problem is described over there. I wanted to ask on this list if
>     anybody of you have some more suggestions regarding this issue.
>
>     Thanks and with best regards,
>     Markus Franke

Dipl.-Inf. Markus Franke
Embedded Systems Engineering (ES)

Linguwerk GmbH          Office: +49 351 6533-6967
Schnorrstraße 70        Fax:    +49 351 6533-6965
01069 Dresden           E-Mail: Markus.Franke at linguwerk.de
Germany                 Web:    www.linguwerk.de

Linguwerk GmbH; Geschäftsführer (Managing Directors): Dr. Rico Petrick,
Dr. Horst-Udo Hain, Karina Matthes; Sitz (Registered Office): Dresden;
HRB (Commercial Register No.): 29862; Registergericht (Registration
Court): Dresden

This email and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom
this email is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you received this email in error, please do not disclose
the contents to anyone, but notify the sender by return email and delete
this email (and any attachments) from your system.