[Qt-creator] C++11 in Creator's source: Update required features

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Fri Mar 6 08:52:54 CET 2015

> On Mar 6, 2015, at 8:16 AM, Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mar 5, 2015 8:21 PM, "Lorenz Haas" <lykurg at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > As a matter of course: +1.
> >
> > However, regarding nullptr, override and final: Would we use these or
> > the Qt equivalent Q_NULLPTR, Q_DECL_OVERRIDE and Q_DECL_FINAL?
>
> The plan is to use the C++ keywords directly. All supported compilers do support them, so there is no reason to use an ugly layer of indirection.

And please note that the suggestion so far does not specify which of the features we want to use in what situations to which extend.
We still need to figure that out in detail, even if we agree that we should go forward with using more C++11 features :)

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH