[Qt-creator] Crash QtCreator using a simple json-based wizard: Found it

Axel Jäger axeljaeger at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 7 10:50:14 CET 2015

Hello Tobias, Hello Orgad,

with your help, I was finally able to nail down the crash on my machine. Here’s what is going wrong:

I have a crash in baseqtversion.cpp:1483 because this is 0x0.

See where this is called: QmakeBuildConfigurationFactory::createBuildInfo: qmakebuildconfiguration.cpp:654

info->supportsShadowBuild = (version && version->supportsShadowBuilds()); // Here version if checked for 0x0

    // check if this project is in the source directory:

    Utils::FileName projectFilePath = Utils::FileName::fromString(projectPath);

    if (version->isInSourceDirectory(projectFilePath)) { // Here not

Why does this happen on my machine and not on yours? I guess because I have a bare metal kit installed that does not have a Qt version attached to it.

Best regards,

Axel Jäger