[Qt-creator] Access QML Profiler caller/callee

Van Looy Detlev detlev.vanlooy at student.uantwerpen.be
Fri Mar 13 12:57:18 CET 2015

Hello,

A while ago I posted a question here about programmatically accessing the caller/callee tree from QML Profiler. I want to do this because I want to try to establish traceability between some test code and some production code automatically. At the time I was told to use QmlProfilerTraceClient in my own plugin.

I have now created a simple example plugin but I am not sure how I should interact with QmlProfilerTraceClient to get the caller/callee tree.

For example if I just wanted to print out the tree when I trigger an action in my plugin, should I do something like this:

#include <qmldebug/qmlprofilertraceclient.h>

void MyPlugin::triggerAction()
{
        QmlProfilerTraceClient(x,y)
        // print out the caller/callee tree
}

?

As I said in my last post, my C++ is limited, so I don't know if I am thinking about this in the wrong way. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Or if there is a better way to do what I want to do (with or without using QML Profiler) please let me know!

Regards,

Detlev Van Looy