[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.4 binaries will be compiled with MSVC 2013 (dynamic opengl)

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Tue Mar 31 09:02:17 CEST 2015

As Eike already mentioned opengl32sw.dll is only used as a last fallback, so this migh explain the difference too. Bad enough, I had hopes the software renderer really works across all graphics drivers :(

(It doesn't crash for me btw with a stock Windows XP in VirtualBox).

> + also for now installing the MSVC2013 dlls into the bowels of Windows,
> the vanilla Qt 5.4.1 installs them alongside qtcreator.exe and as you know this
> is heavily frowned upon by Microsoft. (Unless of course you are Microsoft, in
> that case you can grant yourself an exemption from this rule like when
> installing the new Visual C++ Tools/Windows 10 Kit.)

Huh? I don't think we've changed anything in this regard, we've been installing vcredist for MSVC2010 previously, now vcredist for MSVC2013 ...

> Rgrds Henry

Thanks a lot for the testing :)

> P.S. BTW saw that 3.3.81 brings along Timeline.dll, is that a new feature (QML
> profiler stuff)?

Not really a feature, just factoring out stuff in a separate dll AFAIK.

Regards

Kai