[Qt-creator] Searching for documentation about contribution to Qt-Creator

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Fri May 22 00:09:33 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Jochen Becher <jochen_becher at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to contribute some improvements to QtCreator (Todo Plugin and one
> or two new plugins later this year). I searched for documentation how to
> contribute. The Wiki at qt.io seems to be totally outdated. Is there any
> current documentation?
>
> I tried to clone from code.qt.io (as mentioned on the download page) but
> failed (git: and http: failed with "remote hang up" and https: with
> "server unknown"). Where can I clone the current source? (gitourious
> didn't change since 15th May and will be closed down end of this month).
> Any documentation available on that?
>
> Is there any comprehensive documentation about usage of git and gerrit,
> design documentation and coding style for Qt-Creator?
>
> Regards, Jochen Becher

Welcome aboard :)

If you're new to gerrit start by reading Setting up Gerrit
<https://wiki.qt.io/Setting_up_Gerrit> and Gerrit Introduction
<https://wiki.qt.io/Gerrit_Introduction> pages on the wiki.

I suggest cloning directly from gerrit, but you can clone from code.qt.io.
The clone address is mentioned in the bottom of this page. So it's either:

git clone https://code.qt.io/qt-creator/qt-creator.git
git remote add gerrit ssh://codereview.qt-project.org/qt-creator/qt-creator

or:

git clone ssh://codereview.qt-project.org/qt-creator/qt-creator

Coding style for qt-creator can be found in the docs
<http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtcreator-extending/coding-style.html>. For some
reason, the qtcreator-extending docs are not generated in doc.qt.io (Leena?)

If you have further questions you can join #qt-creator channel on freenode
(I'm usually not there, but others will be glad to help), or post to this
list.

Happy hacking!

- Orgad