[Qt-creator] Blurry fonts

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Fri May 22 08:21:48 CEST 2015

> On May 22, 2015, at 12:12 AM, Filippo Cucchetto <filippocucchetto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> i built QtCreator from git however the font of both the UI and TextEditor are both blurry compared to the one packaged in my distro.
> Is a known problem? or am i missing something?

Depends. Is the one packaged in your distro based on Qt5? (Help > About Qt Creator)
There have been quite some changes regarding font rendering in Qt 5.
See e.g. https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-37749 (though it seems people there complained about “too sharp” font rendering).
There seem to have been some changes/fixes in Qt 5.4(.1?) as well, so you might want to try a different Qt5 version as well.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH