[Qt-creator] Submitting a plugin that does not follow the coding style

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Sat May 30 17:40:36 CEST 2015

Hello,

I want to submit a modelling plugin which does not follow the QtCreator
coding style.

The plugin is built by 4 components:

(1) A static library that implements the "modelling backend" (entities,
persistence, diagrams, UI components)

(2) A plugin that links the modelling backend with QtCreator (mostly a
new editor for diagrams)

(3) A tool to export diagrams to image files

(4) A patch of projectexplorer supporting more drag&drop

I can update (2) and (3) following the coding style guide ((4) already
does). But (1) is pretty large and I want to avoid all those changes. Is
that acceptable if I submit the library in src/libs/3rdparty?

BTW: The submit will be very large (>400 files). I will submit (4) as a
first small change and (1) as a second (the largest change), then (2)
(mid size change) and (3) (small change). It will be a challenge to
review (2) file by file.

Regards, Jochen