[Qt-creator] connect to qmljsmodelmanagerinterface

Van Looy Detlev detlev.vanlooy at student.uantwerpen.be
Sun May 31 14:05:15 CEST 2015

Hello,

In a plugin I am making I have to keep track of whenever a user saves a .qml file. After some looking I think I need to connect to qmljs/qmljsmodelmanagerinterface's signal: "documentChangedOnDisk(QmlJS::Document::Ptr)", using ModelManagerInterface::instance().

The problem is that when I do this in the "initialize" of my plugin, that instance() returns null. So my question is, when can I be sure that the modelmanagerinterface has been set up and that instance() will not return null? Should I do it in the "extensionsInitialized" of my plugin instead?

Also possibly worth noting is that when I first made a prototype for my plugin, connecting to the signal in the "initialize" did actually work.

Regards,

Detlev Van Looy