[Qt-creator] Debugging in QtCreator only shows disassembly

israel at eraalaska.net israel at eraalaska.net
Tue Nov 3 23:29:59 CET 2015

On Nov 3, 2015, at 1:11 PM, André Pönitz <apoenitz at t-online.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 01:08:26PM -0900, israel at eraalaska.net wrote:

>>> Does that change if you switch on
>>>
>>> "Use debug version of frameworks (DYLD_IMAGE_SUFFIX=_debug)"
>>>
>>> in your project's Run settings?
>>
>> Doesn't appear to, no. Breakpoints are still ignored, and hitting the pause
>> button still just drops me into the disassembler view, even once I have
>> selected my function.
>
> This pretty much sounds like your executable is not compiled with
> debug information.

Sort of sounds that way, yeah. Which of course begs the question of why?

> Can you double-check this is indeed a debug build, and perhaps show
> the contents of the "Compile Output" pane of a clean re-build?

Indeed it is a debug build, unless I am missing something. The attached text file contains the compile output of the latest run.

Note that I am using g++ rather than clang++ - I switched after reading a stack overflow answer where someone else reported similar symptoms, and success by switching. As it didn't seem to help in my case, I'll probably switch back.