[Qt-creator] Clang Code Model Questions

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 18:10:42 CET 2015

> On Nov 18, 2015, at 11:39 AM, Cristian Adam <cristian.adam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com <mailto:imikejackson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Global/Indexing Snapshot: 5938 documents
> Current Editors Snapshot: 712 documents
>
> ClangBackend uses about 170 MB at peak
>

> How does it behave when you open Qt Creator's code?
>
> Global/Indexing Snapshot: 6900 documents
> Current Editor's Snapshot (for clangcodemodelplugin.cpp): 399 documents.
>
> Does the wait cursor appear when you try to get code completion for cppModelManager
> in ClangCodeModelPlugin::initialize?
>
> Cheers,
> Cristian.

The wait cursor does not appear when looking at the QtCreator code base at the file you specified. I could still type cppModelManager before the completion list would pop up for “cppModelManager”. Typing a “->” after that was about a 0.5 second delay for the completion list to pop up. I strung together a few more completions and they were relatively “fast” (around a second to get the completion list). never saw the spinning beach ball with any of that.

In our codes we are including boost in a few spots and if I had to guess the templates might be what is holding up the clang back end? Otherwise our code bases are similar on a total files and current document basis.

Thoughts?

Mike Jackson