[Qt-creator] "Fake Qt installation"?

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Thu Nov 26 10:53:29 CET 2015

Hi MIke
Am Donnerstag, 26. November 2015, 01:33:15 schrieb Mike Gordon:
> What a great plugin.  I'm trying to get bare metal working for Freescale
> Kinetis.  I have PEMicro's gdb hardware server running and can debug via ddd
> or gdb command line no problem.
I have seen a couple of dongles, but this one is new to me.

> I'm struggling to get it working from qt creator.  I don't understand how to
> create a fake qt installation.
I am not do accustomed to cmake builds... but i don't think a fake qt is
needed. The only reason to use fake qt builds is when you are using qmake for
building. My recommendation would be to use qbs.
Anyhow the other options should also work.

> I'm using cmake as the build.  When I debug, it connects to the server,
> starts a session and then disconnects immediately.
Could you send the output of the debugger window pane please?

> If you could point me to instructions on creating the fake qt installation,
> maybe that would help.
A fake qt for linux is attached but i don't think that you need it in the case
of cmake.

Best regards
Tim