[Qt-creator] Creator killed itself

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Fri Oct 23 01:28:48 CEST 2015

> On Oct 22, 2015, at 4:12 PM, rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com wrote:
>
> One could say if Qt Creator cannot run with stability, how about
> the programs it generates?

Qt Creator doesn't generate programs. It's, basically, a fancy text editor.

> Are the spawn of Qt Creator subject to the same level of reliability?
>
> Anybody from QT have a comment on what seems Mike Jacksons' casual
> acceptance of Qt Creator instability?

I've been using Creator as my primary C++ environment for years
and stability has generally been good, but some areas of any given
release will have - like pretty much every other complex piece of
software - some bugs. Some of those, C++ being what it is, will
trigger SEGVs.

As a developer yourself you could take a look at the error and provide
a detailed bug report or a patch, if you can replicate the issue.

Cheers,
  Steve