[Qt-creator] maintenance tool

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Wed Oct 28 13:40:09 CET 2015

On 27/10/2015 5:01 PM, Jason H wrote:
> I want to gripe about the maintenance tool too, but there is no mailing list for that.
>
>> Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 4:26 PM
>> From: Duane <duane.hebert at group-upc.com>
>> To: qt-creator at qt-project.org
>> Subject: [Qt-creator] maintenance tool
>>
>> I hope this isn't off topic here as I thnk it's about the maintenance
>> tool and not QtCreator directly.
>>
>> I ran the maintenance tool to update Qt creator to the current version,
>> then installed Qt 5.5.  Both seemed to run ok but now when I run the
>> maintenance tool I get a dialog saying:
>>
>> "Your installation seems to be corrupted.  Please consider re-installing
>> from scratch"  When I click ok, it continues and seems to work.
>>
>> Both QtCreator and Qt5.5 seem to have been installed.

Well, not exactly griping.  For the most part it works well.  I can
install a version in a couple minutes on Linux using this tool where it
takes me hours on windows where I have to build Qt versions from the
open source downloads.  I'm just trying to find why installing 5.5
doesn't seem to work properly.